Friday, May 22, 2009

seems i write best when im down

Falling Into You

Somehow I feel I don’t deserve,
This sparkling feeling that is inside.
I cannot seem to preserve,
That which is this supernatural ride.

But when I’m with him all the sky,
Seems to loose its touch.
And all I can think of is this guy;
The boy I love so much.

Yet, the parents cannot accept,
That which they can’t understand.
Too many lonely times I’ve wept-
Still-you slowly let go of my hand.

Things are different now-
But the feelings stay the same.
Time Flies and some how,
There is not that equal flame.

This is ridiculous!
I’m starting to give up on you,
Why so meticulous?
Can’t you see we’re more than two?

I guess your right, it would never work.
A girl can hope can’t she?
We never could get over the quirk,
Of how to quite agree.

Horrible pain floods over from shoulder to knee.
I do hate to say this out loud,
But how can I go back to live with just me?
I can’t believe what I allowed!

Somehow I feel I don’t deserve,
This sparkling feeling that is inside.
I cannot seem to preserve,
Yet to time I must, and will, abide.


Stepping Down

Best friends, that’s what we’ve turned into.
Sad to think that we could have made it-
It’s better than loosing all of you.
Not what I really want, I must admit.

The sting of pain is mostly gone,
Beating myself up has not stopped.
But I get better every dawn,
And still my faith is all but dropped.

The complexity of my feelings cannot be matched.
For it was I all along who knew,
That I alone would be hurt by feeling attached;
That only I was being true.


Giving Up

I’m lonely, depressed and I’m tired,
I cannot just keep running this race.
Thinking of giving up,
Life has just been enough!
All I do is just push more away.

Just like the skin of a teddy bear,
I’m without all the fluff that I need.
I keep looking inside,
But she is not to be found.
The girl I once knew and so well.


Boy, Why Are You Crying

Sometimes we need to be happy,
Let’s think of some silly things.
Instead of being sad and sappy,
Let’s dream of butter fly wings.
A flowers blouse all dipped in dew,
Or a puppy jumping to meet us.
Anything will honestly do,
And it’s better than to fuss.


I’ll Listen

Tell me what’s on our mind,
I really want to now.
Why are your eyes so sad,
And your body kind of slumped?
I promise I will listen,
To all you have to say.
My best I’ll try to help you,
Really, because I care.

Trust in me to your heart’s content,
Vent to me your sorrows.
Oh how good it feels to vent,
And invest to make us closer.


Hike

Oh the outdoors,
And the freedom it gives!
My joy always pours,
For one never lives,
Without the outdoors!


Butterfly:

Shattered wings of butterflies
Whose gentile flutter
Is a vibrant splash of glass.
Its dancing, flying, cart wheeling
Through the solid air
In its element the way
God intended.
Yet never will we fully
Understand the gliders true
Undaunting beauty.
Over it dashes, never
Knowing its way exactly
The icy bursting winds
Of white and blue
Are to unexplainable
For that.
Who can predict it?
With wings so frail.

No comments:

Post a Comment