I believe when it rains it is a magical, humbling, and connecting experience. There is something in the way it cleanses and awakens. I always feel closer to that inner me that connects more with trees than with people (which is probably why I love books.) However, this past little while I have been delighted to see the rain while knowing that it ruins parades and picnics for others and for me it sets fire to my heart. I gaze at the dark clouds and stand in the chill and I am glad. I am content. I am at peace. With my breath taken away and my eyes awestruck I drink my special concoction of hot chocolate in the embrace of my canine companions. I know who I am and it is thrilling.
Black, in its supposed lack of emotion, holds many different levels for me. There is anger in black and sadness in black. The dark has a connotation that implies the wrong things in life are black. The darkness says to me "hush and be calm. All will be right again." I breathe in the smell of dark and it clears my lungs and my head. I do not feel alone in the dark. It is a time out. It is a rest. It is harder to be a 'naked eye' when you cannot see what you do not need to. The nights blinders make you focus on the important.
I then think what a ridiculous notion it is to think we are unique. To think our ideas are original and our own. Indeed, a snow flake may not be similar to any other yet it still is just frozen water that will melt away. That concept does not frighten or offend me. Instead I see a unity. Beauty.
I have never really known who I am. The real me has always called out but I never listened before. Not because I was meaning to. I just did not know the language she spoke. I feel at harmony with myself.
I will not set my destiny. No, I will not limit my ambition and passion. There are many things I wish to do with this life I have been given. The important part to remember is that you cannot do them all at once. Or can you?
Feeling happy and in control,
yours truly
starimprint
Thursday, September 26, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
























No comments:
Post a Comment