Thursday, September 23, 2010

Jedi Luke


Some said I had three months up at BYUI. Others said I wouldn’t last half of that; both of them where right but they didn’t see me finding him on the first day. It’s odd how well we all get along anyway seeing how different we where, but something just clicked with him and I’ve never regretted walking onto the football field.
During the first week of freshman year orientation is set into play. It is often called “EFY on steroids.” Coming in late during a game of tag with names was the guy that made my jaw drop, Jedediah Luke Johnson. Of course I remembered his name right off the bat and when I called his name his face broke out in shock.
Before that I had been really peeved that I was forced to go to some meet and greet. All the sudden my views on being single began to shift an inch at a time. I kept wishing he would follow me when I left and my wishing almost always rewarded me. I’d catch him staring at me, blaming him for the contact, but I was looking more than he was at that point. Later that day we went to the store and he followed me around like a puppy, and hasn’t really stopped since. I don’t know why he chose me. Maybe just because I remembered his name he decided to be my best friend. Whatever the reason I am so relieved that I have someone who I can confide my every hope and despair to.

No comments:

Post a Comment